The domain name www.vegfoody.com (hereinafter referred to as "Website") is owned by U Gagar Ventures Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai – 400 063, Maharashtra (hereinafter referred to as Company)
For the purpose of these Terms of Service, wherever the context so requires "You" or "User" shall mean any natural or legal person who has agreed to become a user on the Website by providing Registration Data while registering on the Website. Services provided by the website which do not require registration do not absolve You of the contractual relationship established by this Agreement.
The term "We", "Us", "Our" shall mean www.vegfoody.com. The use of this website by You is solely governed by the Agreement. Moving past the home page of the website or using any of the services shall be taken to mean that You have read and agreed to all of the terms and conditions so binding on You as laid down in this Agreement.
Vegfoody has come into existence, to add spice and comfort to the 2 million Passionate Guests, who travel every day. We believe that travelling in a train is best enjoyed when you travel tension and hassle free. In a world, where people are fast moving to comfortable ways of living in their everyday lives, getting a simple desired meal during train travel still remains a problem.
The Website www.vegfoody.com is a user – friendly online portal which enables a train passenger to order for food to be delivered at a particular station through our website, mobile application or customer care number by providing their name, phone number, email ID and particulars of the travel including but not limited to travel date, train number, seat number and PNR number. The menu and other particulars shall be available for access for the customer. Once the customer places the order, the details of the order are shared with restaurants / Food Supplier associated with the Website in the location where the food is sought to be delivered. Once the concerned restaurant confirms the order, the customer may receive a Call / a confirmation SMS on his contact number which shall contain an order number / reference details. This order number / reference details shall be the basis for the customer to use and track the order and for any future references. The partner restaurant shall be responsible for the processing of the order and timely deliver to the customer. Please note that the customer's order on Restaurant / Food Supplier shall be considered as confirmed on upon receipt of the confirmation SMS. In the event You do not receive an SMS, please contact our customer care for inquiries.
The Membership of the Website is restricted to those above 18 years of age, or to such group that can be termed to have attained 'majority' under the laws of the respective jurisdictions in where this Website can be seen and is accessible or to emancipated minors, who possess legal parental or guardian consent, or are in a position so as to be fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service. Membership cannot be availed of by those who are deemed Incompetent to Contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872 subject to the aforementioned conditions.
Further, You are solely responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your username and password and any activity under the account will be deemed to have been done by You. In the case that You provide us with false and inaccurate details or the Company has reasonable reasons to believe You have done so, We hold the rights to suspend Your account and/or terminate this Agreement without being held liable for the same.
You may also be contacted by Service Providers with whom We have entered into a contract in furtherance of Our rights, duties and obligations under other agreements, contracts and policies followed by Us. Such contact will be made only in pursuance of the respective contracts, agreements and/or policies.
Payment The membership of this Website is free of cost and this includes only the browsing of the site. You hereby understand that this no charge policy maybe amended at anytime in the discretion of the Website and the Company.
Third Party Information
The content on the Website which includes all text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, design documents, and artwork is a combination of Third Party content and Our content. We have no control over such third party user generated content as We are merely an intermediary for the purposes of this Terms of Service. In the event, if any of the Third Party Content infringes any Intellectual Property of any person, the User shall be solely responsible for any loss caused and We shall not be liable. You may send as an email at email@example.com to report any such content.
Other than when expressly allowed, the use of such content and it being reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way (including "mirroring") to any other computer, server, Website or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise, without Our express prior written consent is not allowed.
Those posting any form of User content on the Website must verify the truthfulness and authenticity of the particulars of the content, including the time, place and nature. Before allowing such content to be posted on the Website, We have the right and authority to verify the accuracy of such particulars related to the content with the respective sources provided by the User posting such content, if We feel that there is a need to check such accuracy.
We have the right to upload content on behalf of third parties, subsequent to collecting such information and verifying it if we deem it necessary. Notwithstanding this, We can in no way be held liable for any false or misleading information.
In case any content is considered to be unlawful or against the law within any jurisdiction in which Our Website can be seen and accessed, it shall be removed forthwith by Us on being intimated by the authorities of the respective jurisdiction that such content is deemed unlawful. We cannot be held liable or questioned for the same.
User Obligations You are a restricted user of this Website.
- You are bound not to cut, copy, distribute, modify, recreate, reverse engineer, distribute, disseminate, post, publish or create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or software obtained from the Website. With Our prior permission limited use may be allowed. For the removal of doubt, it is clarified that unlimited or wholesale reproduction, copying of the content for commercial or non-commercial purposes and unwarranted modification of data and information within the content of the Website is not permitted.
- You agree not to access (or attempt to access) the Website and/or the materials or Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by the website. The use of deep-link, robot, spider or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website, materials or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not specifically made available through the Website. You acknowledge and agree that by accessing or using the Website or Services, You may be exposed to content from other users that You may consider offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable. We disclaim all liabilities arising in relation to such offensive content on the Website. Further, You may report such offensive content by sending us an e-mail to Our official e-mail address.
This Website by nature allows you to upload information; You undertake to ensure that such material is in accordance with applicable laws. Further, You undertake not to:
- Abuse, harass, threaten, defame, disillusion, erode, abrogate, demean or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- Engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts access to the Website or the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Website);
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Publish, post, disseminate, any information which is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to "indecent representation of women" within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
- Post any file that infringes the copyright, patent or trademark of other legal entities.
- Upload or distribute files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Website or another's computer;
- Download any file posted by another user of a Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user, of or visitor to, the Website, or any other customer of the website, including any website Account not owned by You, to its source, or exploit the Website or Service or information made available or offered by or through the Website, in any way whether or not the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification information, other than Your own information, as provided for by the Website;
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Website, systems resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Websites or any affiliated or linked sites;
- Collect or store data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in this Section.
- Use the Website or any material or Content for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms of Service, or to solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity which infringes the rights of this website or other third parties;
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable for or to any particular Service;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations for the time being in force within or outside India;
- Violate the Terms of Service including but not limited to any applicable Additional Terms of the Website contained herein or elsewhere; o) Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable for or to any particular Service;
- Threaten the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
- Publish, post, disseminate information that is false, inaccurate or misleading; violate any applicable laws or regulations for the time being in force in or outside India;
- Directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
- Create liability for Us or cause Us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of Our internet service provider ("ISPs") or other suppliers;
You shall not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Users of the Website to buy or sell any products or services, including, but not limited to, services related to that being displayed on Our Website by third parties. You may not transmit any chain letters or unsolicited commercial or junk email to other Users via the Website. It shall be a violation of these Terms of Service to use any information obtained from the Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to another person other than Us without Our prior explicit consent. While We shall not be held liable or answerable to Users for any such acts on Your part, violation of this clause would lead to potential criminal legal action against You, either by other Users of the Website or by Us.
We can (and You hereby expressly authorize Us to) disclose any information about You to law enforcement or other government officials, as We, in Our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and/or resolution of possible crimes, especially those that may involve personal injury. You understand that We have the right at all times to disclose any information (including the identity of the persons providing information or materials on the Website) as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or valid governmental request. This may include, without limitation, disclosure of the information in connection with investigation of alleged illegal activity or solicitation of illegal activity or in response to a lawful court order or subpoena.
We have no obligation, to monitor the material posted on the Website. We shall have the right to remove or edit any content that in its sole discretion violates, or is alleged to violate, any applicable law or either the spirit or letter of these Terms of Service. Notwithstanding this right, YOU REMAIN SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OF THE MATERIALS YOU POST ON THE WEBSITE. In no event shall We assume or have any responsibility or liability for any Content posted or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from use of Content and/or appearance of Content on the Website. You hereby represent and warrant that You have all necessary rights in and to all Content which You provide and all information it contains and that such Content shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any libelous, tortuous, or otherwise unlawful information.
For the purpose of this section, Buyer would include any User who uses the services of the Website to place an order for food to the partnering restaurants / Food Suppliers through the Website, Seller means the partnering restaurant / Food Suppliers which shall prepare, pack and deliver the food.
While availing any of the payment method/s available on the Website, We will not be responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to You due to:
- Lack of authorization for any transaction/s, or
- Exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed by You and between "Bank/s", or
- Any payment issues arising out of the transaction, or
- Decline of transaction for any other reason/s
Payment Facility for Buyers:
- You, as a Buyer, understand that upon initiating a Transaction You are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract with the Seller to purchase the products and /or services from the Seller using the Payment Facility, and You shall pay the Transaction Price through Your Issuing Bank to the Seller using Payment Facility which has been provided to you only to provide assistance in the completion of your Transaction.
You, as a Buyer, may agree with the Seller through electronic communication and electronic records and using the automated features as may be provided by Payment Facility.
We reserve the right to impose limits on the number of Transactions or Transaction Price which We may receive from on an individual Valid Credit/Debit/ Cash Card / Valid Bank Account/ and such other infrastructure or any other financial instrument directly or indirectly through payment aggregator or through any such facility authorized by Reserve Bank of India to provide enabling support facility for collection and remittance of payment or by an individual Buyer during any time period, and reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions exceeding such limit.
We reserve the right to refuse to process Transactions by Buyers with a prior history of questionable charges including without limitation breach of any agreements by Buyer with Us or breach/violation of any law or any charges imposed by Issuing Bank or breach of any policy.
We may do such checks as it deems fit before approving the receipt of Transaction Price from the Buyer for security or other reasons at Our discretion. As a result of such check if We are not satisfied with the creditability of the Buyer or genuineness of the Transaction / Transaction Price, it will have the right to reject the receipt of Transaction Price. We may delay notifying the payment confirmation, if we deem it suspicious or for Buyers conducting high transaction volumes to ensure safety of the Transaction and Transaction Price. In addition, We may hold Transaction Price or remit Transaction Price to law enforcement officials (instead of refunding the same to Buyer) at the request of law enforcement officials or in the event the Buyer is engaged in any form of illegal activity.
The Buyer acknowledges that We will not be liable for any damages, interests or claims etc. resulting from not processing a Transaction/Transaction Price or any delay in processing a Transaction/Transaction Price which is beyond Our control.
Liability with Respect to Food Delivered
The User or You hereby understand the Website is merely an intermediary with respect to the services and aims at only connecting the User/ Buyer with the Service Provider or Seller.
The Service Provider shall be solely responsible for obtaining the necessary legal approvals and permissions to run such business and the Website shall not be held liable for any failure on the part of the Service Provider in obtaining such approvals and licences.
The quality of the food delivered and the timely delivery of the same is solely the Service Provider's responsibility and the Website excuses itself from any liability with respect to the services.
We shall however endeavour our best to ensure that tasty, fresh, good quality food is delivered in timely manner to the User. In any circumstance, our liability shall be limited to value of the invoice of the User.
- Compliance with Laws The user of the Website shall comply with all the applicable laws including without limitation Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and the rules made and notifications issued there under and the Exchange Control Manual as may be issued by Reserve Bank of India from time to time, Customs Act, Information and Technology Act, 2000 as amended by the Information Technology (Amendment) Act 2008, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and the rules made there under, Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 1976 and the rules made there under, Income Tax Act, 1961 and the rules made there under, Export Import Policy of government of India) applicable to them respectively for using Payment Facility and the website.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liabilities
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW:
THE WEBSITE, SERVICES AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED BY THIS WEBSITE IS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, VEGFOODY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT:
- YOUR REQUIREMENTS WILL BE MET OR THAT SERVICES PROVIDED WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE;
- MATERIALS, INFORMATION OBTAINED AND RESULTS WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE;
- ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE WEBSITE, SERVICES OR OTHER MATERIALS WILL BE CORRECTED.
THE USER UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ANY MATERIAL OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS DONE ENTIRELY AT THEIR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THEY WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO THEIR COMPUTER SYSTEMS OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR LEADING TO AN INVALID COUPON. VEGFOODY ACCEPTS NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, WITH RESPECT TO ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED TO YOU WHETHER ON BEHALF OF ITSELF OR THIRD PARTIES.
WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD PARTY PRODUCT OR SERVICES.
Indemnification and Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OR OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE OR WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR BASED ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE, SERVICES OR MATERIALS.
THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW
- Severability If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
- No Waiver Our failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with the Agreement will not constitute a waiver of any of our rights.
You hereby understand that requests for refunds for orders placed for food on the Website shall not be entertained ordinarily. The Website, may in its sole discretion, receive such requests and reserves the right to reject such requests without providing reasons. Any request if received shall be analysed through the pre decided process, as deemed appropriate by the Website, which shall determined whether such a request is eligible for a refund. The decision of the Firm and the Website in such matters shall be final.
In case of non delievary of food package to the vendor the refund shall be initiated to the vendor. The refund shall be entertained provided if the guest hase given all the correct details in the order(telephone, contact details,etc.) and it will be available on the seat at the time of delievary.
- Dispute Resolution The formation, interpretation and performance of this Agreement and any disputes arising out of it shall be resolved by arbitration, as per the Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996. The seat of the arbitral proceedings shall be Mumbai. The arbitral award shall be final and binding on both parties.